Position Title: Child Placement Staff
Supervisor: Child Placement Management staff
This position is responsible for developing, assessing, facilitating and monitoring all components of assigned caseloads to foster youth and families.
Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience working with trauma and youth. A Master’s degree in social work, psychology can be substituted for experience.
Two years of experience working with youth and families that are at-risk and a knowledge of trauma and resolution.
Must have excellent verbal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with youth, families, other agencies, community professionals, and New Horizons’ staff.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and ability to assess youth and family members for services.
- Must demonstrate the ability to recruit foster parents and evaluate their suitability as caregivers.
- Must have excellent training skills and strong leadership abilities.
- Must demonstrate an ability to continue learning through supervision, continuing education, and experience and work cooperatively using a team approach.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of parenting techniques and/or an ability to acquire knowledge. A willingness and ability to work collaboratively with biological and foster families to find solutions to problems, as well as crisis intervention skills.
This position will work directly with foster parents, legal guardians, and conservators. The position will also work directly with youth with behavioral problems most likely attached to trauma experienced. A reliable personal vehicle is required for travel in assigned region and to the main office in Abilene at times at a reimbursed rate.
Child Placement Staff will have access to confidential records including youth files, foster care records, and foster parent information. Must maintain confidentiality and follow policies related to personnel records and client records.
- A commitment to empowering others to solve their problems.
- Value a nurturing family as the ideal environment for a person.
- A conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
- The ability to establish a respectful relationship with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other personnel and/or service providers and professional.
- Maintain a caseload while adhering to all State Minimum Standards and New Horizons’ policies.
- The ability to set appropriate limits.
- Participate in foster care program development.
- Participate in developing training curriculum.
- Participate in weekly supervision meetings.
- Participate in meetings with collaborating partners and agencies.
- Conduct all steps of the verification of new foster/adoptive homes.
- Participate in Plan of Service meetings and reviews, Educational meetings, Court Reviews, as well as transfer and discharge meetings.
- Documentation in accordance with minimum standards in an Electronic Client Management system.
- Review all Therapeutic Plans with New Horizons Treatment and Operations Director.
- Recruitment and training of foster parents. The Child Placement Staff will have an integral role in the curriculum development and maintenance of the pre-service training program for foster parents, and will be responsible for conducting these trainings and other community trainings for New Horizons.
- Attend community meetings, staffing, and other regional meetings regarding foster care placements and program development in accordance with Foster Ccare Redesign.
- Participate in monthly inspections at foster homes to review licensing standards and document non-compliances as well as corrective plans.
- Write satisfactory case notes, letters and reports.
- Training and Supervision:
- Attend all relevant in-service training offered at New Horizons to expand knowledge of services and the application of clinical skills.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and seek supervision when appropriate.
- Adhere to the philosophy of New Horizons.
- Complete assignments on time.
- Respect the dignity and worth of clients and foster parents while seeking permanency for kids through reunification or adoption.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To Learn more about New Horizons, Please visit: www.newhorizonsinc.com