The Case Manager is responsible for developing, assessing, facilitating and monitoring all components of assigned caseloads to foster youth living at The Ranch, residential treatment center. All New Horizons’ Staff are expected to study, practice and operate within the New Horizons’ Philosophy of Keeping Kids First.
Keeping Kids First requires that every decision and action be motivated by and geared toward meeting the highest need of the individual kid. New Horizons will not tolerate anyone who is not committed to keeping kids safe from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
At New Horizons, we Keep Kids First while providing a safe, therapeutic and loving environment for children and adolescents who have experienced immense trauma through abuse, neglect or exploitation. Our Staff keep our children safe and provide a home-like environment for them to grow, heal and thrive. The Ranch, located near Goldthwaite, Texas provides individual, intensive inpatient treatment programs for boys and girls suffering from emotional, behavioral and attachment or relationship problems. The Ranch sits on 150 acres and is home to 70 children, ages 6-17. The Ranch, has an on-campus accredited charter school, a certified equine therapy program, a swimming pool, playgrounds, campus lakes, football and baseball fields, a tennis court, an indoor gym, three homes and a chapel/activity center.
Located in Texas Hill Country in rural setting approximately two hours northwest of Austin in Goldthwaite, Texas. Successful candidate will be required to reside in or near the Brownwood or Goldthwaite area.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Establishes respectful relationships to help others gain skills and confidence;
- Works well independently and collaboratively with other personnel and professionals;
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and leadership capabilities;
- Maintains an organized caseload while adhering to the Texas DFPS Minimum Standards and New Horizons’ Policies;
- Sets appropriate limits both in relationships and in personal work ethic;
- Embraces and embodies the Philosophy of New Horizons;
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills; and
- Demonstrates excellent written, oral and electronic communication skills.
Case Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping Kids Safe!
- Following the New Horizons’ Employee Handbook;
- Work collaboratively with other personnel and/or service providers and professionals;
- Managing cases for children in foster care living at residential treatment center while adhering to all State Minimum Standards and New Horizons’ policies;
- Demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to best meet the needs of kids in treatment;
- Conducting and participating in intake or assessment interviews;
- Accurately completing all required documentation in a timely manner;
- Attending and actively participating in meetings related to the kids in your caseload;
- Ensuring all psychological, medical, dental and vision updates are current;
- Reviewing all therapeutic plans with New Horizons Treatment Director;
- Facilitating and participating in individual and/or group counseling as needed as well as maintaining frequent contact with therapy, psychiatric and psychological services for kids as assigned;
- Ensuring that staff are adhering to New Horizons', state, and federal regulations of child care;
- Attending and completing all required professional training and workshops to satisfy continuing education hours;
- Transporting kids in personal vehicle when needed; and
- Studying, practicing and operating within the New Horizons’ Philosophy of Keeping Kids First.
Case Management Qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree and working with troubled kids and adolescents or youth services; or
- Minimum requirements may be substituted with Master's Degree in a social service or related field.
- Educational or experiential qualifications will be considered as equivalent;
- Maintain a valid driver's license and insurance;
- Must have insight and understanding of cultural diversity and have the ability to work with diverse populations;
- Must be able to perform conflict resolution or crisis intervention; and
- Must pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and tuberculosis screening.
New Horizons offers:
- A team environment focused on support, accountability and maintain a safe environment where we Keep Kids First
- 100% Paid Employee Health Insurance Premiums
- Retirement and Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
By submitting your resume and references, you agree to the following:
- I understand that a background check, a drug screen test and a TB test are conditions of my employment, and before employment begins, I must these results on file as well as three (3) character references.
- I understand I must have at least a Class ‘C’ Driver’s license and must complete a New Hire information packet.
- If I accept an offer of employment, I hereby authorize New Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc. to conduct a criminal background check at any time during my employment with New Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc. I understand that if a criminal charge is found at any time, it could result in the termination of employment with New Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc.
About New Horizons Ranch & Center, Inc.:
- Established in 1971, New Horizons has been assisting kids and families throughout Texas in our residential treatment facilities, therapeutic foster homes, and youth and family counseling programs.
- New Horizons' team strives to Keep Kids First in all decision making and program services in order to help our kids and families succeed.
- Our mission is to create an environment where kids, families and staff can heal and grow through caring relationships, unconditional love and acceptance.
- For more information, visit www.newhorizonsinc.com