We are looking for a Licensed Clinical Therapist to join our well-respected, residential treatment center located in central Texas. Therapists are responsible for providing individualized group, family and individual therapy while maintaining a comfortable, safe environment and establishing an accepting, caring therapeutic cultural for kids and adolescents. Therapists are instrumental parts of the interdisciplinary treatment team and must adhere to and uphold the Policies and Philosophy of New Horizons as well as government issued codes, standards and regulations. Our Staff keep our kids safe and provide a home-like environment for them to grow, heal and thrive. All New Horizons’ Staff are expected to study, practice and operate within the New Horizons’ Philosophy of Keeping Kids First.
Keeping Kids First requires that every decision and action be motivated by and geared toward meeting the highest need of the individual kid. New Horizons will not tolerate anyone who is not committed to keeping kids safe from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
At New Horizons, we Keep Kids First while providing a safe, therapeutic and loving environment for kids and adolescents who have experienced immense trauma through abuse, neglect or exploitation. Our Staff keep our kids safe and provide a home-like environment for them to grow, heal and thrive. The Ranch, located near Goldthwaite, Texas provides individual, intensive inpatient treatment programs for boys and girls suffering from emotional, behavioral and attachment or relationship problems. The Ranch sits on 150 acres and is home to 70 kids, ages 6-17. The Ranch, has an on-campus accredited charter school, a certified equine therapy program, a swimming pool, playgrounds, campus lakes, football and baseball fields, a tennis court, an indoor gym, three homes and a chapel/activity center. We provide intensive, trauma based therapy within a secure, individualized, multifaceted treatment setting. We utilize an interdisciplinary team approach to help kids and adolescents work through and resolve significant trauma in a family-oriented environment.
Located in Texas Hill Country in rural setting approximately two hours northwest of Austin, 12 miles west of Goldthwaite, Texas. Employees will be required to reside in or near the Brownwood or Goldthwaite area.
Therapist Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitating individually tailored therapy sessions with individuals, groups and families.
- Communicating and working with the interdisciplinary team and direct care staff to ensure the therapeutic needs of the kids and adolescents in care are met and to determine the best practice for meeting those needs.
- Collaborating to development individualized treatment plans.
- Accurately completing and maintaining required documentation and case notes per New Horizons’ policy and state issued Minimum Standards including weekly treatment plan updates and progress notes.
- Developing, conducting and monitoring appropriate therapeutic tasks, to assist each kid in accomplishing their treatment goals.
- Following the New Horizons’ Philosophy and Guidelines, Employee Handbook and Policy and Procedures.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Applicants must possess a Master’s degree in psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy or another qualifying social services field.
- Applicants must be fully Licensed in the State of Texas in their respective fields. Accepted licensures: LPC, LMFT or LCSW. (We cannot accept Interns at this time)
- Applicants must be Eligible for Medicaid Billing.
- Applicants with a strong clinical background in trauma based therapeutic approaches (Trauma Informed Care and Trauma Resolution) are preferred.
- Experience in Residential Treatment, Play Therapy and Animal Assisted Therapy with focus on Equine Assisted Therapy is a plus.
- Applicants must have insight and understanding of cultural diversity and have the ability to work with diverse populations;
- Be able to perform conflict resolution or crisis intervention; and
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and tuberculosis screening.
Resume and References required for consideration (submit all in one document)
New Horizons offers:
- A team environment focused on support, accountability and maintain a safe environment where we Keep Kids First
- 100% Paid Employee Health Insurance Premiums
- Retirement and Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
By submitting your resume and references, you agree to the following:
- I understand that a background check, a drug screen test and a TB test are conditions of my employment, and before employment begins, I must these results on file as well as three (3) character references.
- I understand I must have at least a Class ‘C’ Driver’s license and must complete a New Hire information packet.
- If I accept an offer of employment, I hereby authorize New Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc. to conduct a criminal background check at any time during my employment with New Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc. I understand that if a criminal charge is found at any time, it could result in the termination of employment with New Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc.
About New Horizons Ranch & Center, Inc.:
- Established in 1971, New Horizons has been assisting kids and families throughout Texas in our residential treatment facilities, therapeutic foster homes, and youth and family counseling programs.
- New Horizons' team strives to Keep Kids First in all decision making and program services in order to help our kids and families succeed.
- Our mission is to create an environment where kids, families and staff can heal and grow through caring relationships, unconditional love and acceptance.
- For more information, visit www.newhorizonsinc.com